Momentum is building for the Bonita Estero Rail Trail, thanks to all of you!
This email is a summary of the actions I know of to spread the word about the Rail Trail, and our growing advocacy efforts.
- We designed and ordered postcard brochures that are proving to be invaluable in getting the word out. Respond to this email if you would like to have some to distribute.
- We’ve done public speaking, with handouts and brochures. This is a great chance to hear directly from people with an interest in the Walk/Run/Bike trail, addressing questions and hearing great ideas! If you’d like us to do a presentation, or you’d like to get some materials to present yourself, respond to this email.
- All Trek Bike shops in Lee and Collier counties will have our brochure for distribution. Thank you, Steve, for your help!
- Look for a guest commentator article in Florida Weekly News. We were invited to submit an article after sending information about Friends of BERT.
- One of our fellow Friends, Craig, has written an article that will be published in his development’s newsletter. The editor has committed to including it multiple times in order to get the word out. If you’d like to have a copy of his article, respond to this email.
- Later this month, members of our team will attend a meeting made up of project and opinion leaders in Lee County. We are getting noticed! Thank you!
So, now our request for action.
Please tell your friends and neighbors about the Bonita Estero Rail Trail.
We are interested in your ideas and any contacts to generate support for Bonita Estero Rail Trail.
The Lee County MPO feasibility study comment period ends Oct. 31st. It’s important to make our voices heard there, and when public meetings begin we will need to show up in force.
Volunteer: Friends of BERT